Intelligent Intrusion Detection
How the technology prevents false alarms and yields better reliability
Intrusion detectors, also referred to as motion sensors, are a critical component of a physical security solution. These devices can be used to detect an unauthorized presence at the protected facility, as well as integrated with video surveillance to trigger cameras recording upon an alarm alert.
Intrusion detectors come in indoor and outdoor units as well as wireless and hardwired configurations. They take various form factors and consist of the following technologies: passive infrared (PIR), microwave, ultrasonic and dual sensing units which use PIR and microwave together in one unit for an enhanced “catch” or alarm detection performance.
Robust, secure and reliable
Intrusion detection technology has been the beneficiary of numerous technological improvements over the last several years. These devices are now slim, powerful, aesthetic and unobtrusive devices that include sophisticated advanced signal processing and virtual detection pathways that prevent false triggering from environmental or non-alarm occurrences.
Other notable features include:
• Anti-masking technology addresses vandalism and attempts to disable devices or cover the optics or lenses of the detectors, sending a trouble signal to the professional monitoring station.
• Enhanced signal strength for wireless makes them perfect for many commercial facilities today, as they can penetrate even concrete structures or noisy environments, such as manufacturing plants with heavy machinery, without signal repeaters.
• Wireless detectors represents significant cost savings for users at facilities where running cables and digging or trenching might be cost-prohibitive.
• Longer read ranges for detectors make them highly suitable for applications such as parking facilities or gated communities.
• Detectors also include encryption of signals and anti-jamming to prevent cyber-attacks and system compromise. Some devices use multi-channel, frequency hopping spread spectrum which allows the signal to move regularly between open communications channels so there’s less likelihood they can be taken out of service by hacking or signal compromise.
• These devices integrate readily with surveillance cameras and automation solutions, for a full-featured, total security solution.
These capabilities and enhancements mean intrusion detection can be deployed in many new facilities and vertical markets, with the confidence that signals will come through reliably in the event of an alarm or protected premises compromise.
Contact ASI today to find out how you can bolster existing detection or create greater security at your place of business with today’s intelligent intrusion detection.